We all know that this is the spice that started it all. Back in 1997, we became obsessed with authentic barbeque when we received a barrel smoker as a gift. With tonnes of research and development and eating, we arrived at what became our signature dry rub for barbeque.
With a very diverse flavour profile, Memphis Fire bridges both the traditional sweet heat of a dry rub but with more herbal flavours to round it out. This allows the spice to be used in many ways.
Past the traditional application, over the years we’ve found that it works extremely well in burgers, meatloaf and even on hot buttered popcorn for some kick!
- Dry Rub, no tenderising capabilities because there is no acid present.
- For best results, apply and let sit in the fridge overnight
- If added to ground beef, a pink colour will remain in the cooked product
- Turbinado sugar is used because of its semi-refined nature and square cut, allows for the sugar to melt over time and not burn, while allowing some sweetness without being jarring.
- Used in all the barbeque at Memphis Fire Barbeque Company, since we named the restaurant after the spice